A New Generation of
Electric Propulsion Motors
We have discovered that the novel implementation of the coils in our propulsion motor/generator means that we can change the performance characteristics of the motor/generator using a software based MagGearingTM technique. This allows us to extend the speed/torque range of a motor.
Compared with a normal permanent magnet brushless motor, a motor with EMG has the following key benefits.
For electric cars this would mean:
- High torque without drawing high current from batteries.
- Increased drive range or reduction in battery size is achieved.
- High acceleration achieved ( for speeds 0 to 100 kmh and beyond).
- Lower current rating leading to reduced electronics costs and greater reliability of components.
- The elimination of a mechanical gear box from the car transmission, saving weight.